Thursday, August 23, 2007

I've been parodied


Sent my way via myspace



compare



I don't know why people even got into these videos in the first place. I never liked the whole "out of the box" concept myself but for a while I had a boss who pretty much said I had to do it. When he was out of the picture I stopped doing that part of the video and I started getting emails and posts to forums asking me to do them again. The whole gear fetish thing was always pretty confusing to me. I always just wanted to hear the pedal.

Also, while employed there I would ask my bosses to let someone else host the videos and just let me worry about getting good sound. Now, I'm no slouch on the guitar but what I do best is write, record, and play with other musicians. Playing by yourself and not being completely repetitive is something I never got so good at doing. I was always self-conscious of my playing and admittedly it was pretty sloppy at times. However, I got paid and supported myself by doing these things fast and cheap.

And what about this guy? He tracked me down on myspace and sent me a message with a link to the video he had made. Obviously he's seen a few of the videos and read pretty clearly into the subtext, that being I hated my job. I like the fan blowing and the use of the fuck word. I just wish it somehow could have been a little funnier. He did however get the audio and video to sync up on this one. All I can say to him is keep it up and perhaps he could make something of his talent for parody someday. Also, thanks for giving me something to post.

2 comments:

GuruOne said...

hmmm.... weird things happen to those that don't review products that they said they would

hahaha

Nah, it wasn't me, and I can't even watch it at the mo' (been capped... all those xxx vids... hehe)

Anyways, good luck dude

Cheers

Rich (Guru #1)

Skype: www.GuruOne.biz

Cheers

Preston Thalindroma said...

haha that parody is MY video! haha...check my blog:
www.bathtubexplosion.com